These delicious orange waffles were created as a result of a simple kitchen experiment. They turned out so good that I made them 3 days in a row, one time even for dinner. Just as delicious as regular waffles, these are made with wholesome healthy ingredients so you can enjoy them totally guilt free. Farmer’s cheese (in Russian also known as tvorog) makes them extra delicious and nutritious by providing some protein. The smell of orange and vanilla with a hint of coconut will make your home smell so wonderful that it deserves special mention.
Healthy Orange Waffles
– 1 cup oat flour (oats + blender)
– 1/2 cup farmer’s cheese (you can probably find it in some Russian or Jewish Deli market, it is very fine curd pressed cottage cheese)
– 2 eggs
– 1 orange: zest + juice (1/2-1 cup depending on the size of an orange)
– 1 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Blend the oats to make an oat flour or use store bought oat flour.
2. Grate orange zest on a small grater, about 1-2 Tbsp is enough. Juice the orange.
3. Mix the oat flour with a baking powder in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a whisk.
4. Heat your waffle maker, spray it with oil, bake the orange waffles until golden, time depends on your waffle maker, it takes about 3-4 minutes on mine.
5. Serve with a maple syrup, yogurt, etc. along with a cup of tea or coffee.