This Spring pie has been our family’s traditional Easter pie for the last few years. Today I feel like finally sharing a recipe. It’s one of those dishes that is simple and delicious but not super photogenic that’s why I haven’t posted this recipe earlier. Every time I make it though, I tell everyone about it cause it’s so good! So I thought, no need to play a perfectionist, let’s enjoy it together instead. Without further ado, below are the step by step pics and the recipe.
Easter Pie with Mushrooms and Asparagus
– 1/2 bunch asparagus
– 1 pack mushrooms (6-8 oz)
– 1 medium yellow onion
– 1 lemon: 1-2 Tbsp zest + juice
– 1/2 cup cheese
– 1 pack (2 sheets) puff pastry (I used store bought)
– 2 Tbsp sour cream
– lemon pepper seasoning
1. Take the puff pastry out of the freezer to thaw.
2. Preheat the oven to 350-375F.
2. Heat some oil, sauté onions, asparagus and mushrooms until tender, 4-5 min, do not overcook. Season with lemon pepper.
2. Zest the lemon using the cheese grater.
3. In a bowl mix the veggies with zest, sour cream, cheese and lemon juice.
4. Lay the puff pastry sheets on the baking dish, spread the filling mix on top of the pastry leaving about an inch along the edges. You can fold the edges or leave them as is. Sprinkle some more cheese on top (optional).
5. Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes or until the dough looks golden.
6. Let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
I love a lemon kick in this pie, it makes it very fresh and perfect for a Spring family meal.
Bon appetit! Share some of your favorite spring recipes below!