Things I loved this month.
1. KeVita Probiotic Drink. I don’t drink soda but sometimes I do crave something cold and sparkling, that’s when I turn to better-for-you probiotic sparkling drinks or kombucha. KeVita is certified organic, non-dairy, non-GMO, gluten free and vegan. It is available in many deliciously sounding flavors, I haven’t tried them all yet but so far my favorite have been Mango Coconut and Apple Kale. On top of all the good things inside, they’ve also got an easy peel label (take it off dry bottle), so I reuse bottles for my homemade juices!
2. Deep Steep Body Wash Tangerine-Melon. I am always searching for new favorite products and love to experiment. Shower gel is one of those safe things to try in a sense that even if you’re not totally in love it’s not that big of a deal, it’s usually inexpensive and will do the trick of washing your body anyway. So this gel was one of those random finds and actually really like it! It’s free of artificial ingredients and chemical preservatives, not tested on animals. I’ve tried a few different smells and they are all pretty pleasant with this one being my favorite.
3. Jutty Ranx – I see you (Pretty Pink Remix). I heard this song in some video on YouTube and it’s been on repeat in my player ever since. Light airy melody, perfect for Spring mood.
Mumford & Sons – Believe. I just really like the combination of the voice and melody here, very soothing to me, love it.
As some of you know, in the beginning of March I became a mommy:) It’s a crazy fun and sweet ride and naturally it takes all of my time now. I have to say that most of my favorites this month were motherhood and baby related so I thought that I would share them in the next few posts as some of them are seriously life savers!
Today I’d like to share my Breastfeeding favorites. You can skip it if it’s not interesting to you but I am sure it will be useful for some girls out there.
Breastfeeding is a wonderful bonding experience however it can also be a little frustrating and difficult at first, luckily at this time of age there are so many inventions that make it so much easier and enjoyable, here are my top picks:
4. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow. Got this one for my baby shower (thank you, Lera!), and I love it! Nursing is like a part-time job, you literally spend hours every day doing it. My baby was born at 8,5 lbs and he definitely loves to eat so I imagine he is going to be growing fast. Thanks to My Brest Friend nursing is very comfortable and doesn’t put a strain on my back, it wraps and locks around the body (which is pretty convenient if you need to get up and do something while still nursing, yay multitasking!), it provides a great support and a comfy spot for your baby as well. The cover is easy to take off if you need to wash it which, believe me, you will need to. I haven’t tried other similar products but I am very happy with this one.
5. Medela Contact Nipple Shield. My baby had some trouble latching on so the lactation consultant in a hospital gave me one of those shields and it made all the difference. He latches on without problem, no cracked or bleeding nipples for me (something I heard so much about and was secretly dreading), no confusion between breast and a bottle. It is not super convenient to use if you need to nurse in public as it does add an extra step of putting it on but it is manageable. I saw some moms mention that it is also very handy in protecting the nipple when baby starts teething. It is BPA-free and easy to wash with any soap. You will need to buy a case for it though as it doesn’t come with one. I use this one. Some say the shield is a temporary solution but I personally use it full-time, ultimately the most important thing is for you and your baby to be happy.
6. Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter. Even with the above mentioned nipple shield the first few weeks of breastfeeding still require some adjustment. This butter does a great job soothing and healing tender nipple skin between feedings, you don’t have to wash it off before nursing, it’s all natural and Non-GMO project verified. It seems that there is more than enough in a jar so once it’s served its purpose you can use it anywhere your skin needs some TLC.
7. Baby Nursing/Breastfeeding (Baby Diary, Timer & Activities log). This is a great free app that helps you track your baby’s nursing progress, growth, diaper changes, sleep, doctor’s visits, and more. I personally use it every single day for tracking feedings but other features are also very handy, especially when you are just learning your baby and his or her patterns and schedule.
8. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump. I won’t go in too much information about pumping and whether you should do it, but if you have to pump and you live in the US make sure to check with your insurance first as it will save you over $100. I have Aetna and I got my Medela breast pump for free here. You can choose the pump and accessories you need online (you might have to pay extra for additional accessories) and fill the form out or make a call, took me 5 minutes to order and about a week to receive it in the mail. If you have to buy it yourself, I linked it above, this is the only pump I’ve used but it does the job great and I have no complaints.
I hope this was helpful and please let me know in the comments if you tried any of these products and how did you like them. If you think I missed something and there are some great products I should try, let me know as well. Until next time!