Things I loved these couple of months
1. MyFitnessPal. I’ve been really out of control with my eating habits this summer, it’s so hard to stop indulging in sweets and snacks after months of being pregnant and eating whatever. So I downloaded MyFitnessPal which is essentially a calorie counter. I used it 3 years ago and had great results. Generally, I don’t support obsessing over food, calories, diets, etc., I think that a balanced diet is enough to be healthy and look good but MyFitnessPal really helps to keep track of what you eat and sort things out. You put in your current weight, your goal weight and it tells you how many calories you need to eat every day to reach your goal within reasonable time. For me it’s really just a way to take control of what I eat, I had no idea how quickly the calories add up and it definitely helps me to make better food choices.
2. Hempz Triple Moisture Herbal Whipped Body Crème. These are hands down the best smelling body moisturizers out there. Luckily, they don’t just smell good, they have a very nice consistency and feel very good on the skin. Paraben-Free, Gluten-Free, 100% Vegan.
3. Zoku Classic Pop Molds. Ever since I had popsicles at a hospital during my labor I became kind of obsessed with ice cream/froyo/sorbets. These molds are great for making homemade popsicles which is so great, there are literally hundreds of recipes out there you could make yourself. These molds are a good size, easy to make, wash, store, etc. They also have mini molds and different fun shapes for kids. Definitely going to try it when my baby is old enough.
4. Nature’s Gate Natural Toothpaste, Creme de Peppermint. It’s always hit or miss with natural tooth paste but I really like this one, gentle and pleasant tooth paste that’s Vegan, NON GMO, Fluoride Free, Paraben Free, Cruelty Free, without Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners.
5. Crystal Glass Manicure Nail File Set. This is the best nail file I’ve ever used. Delicate yet very efficient, files nails down quickly and smoothly and doesn’t make an awful scraping sound.
6. Fresh Lipstick. I loved the smell first time I tried their Lip treatment, it’s very moisturizing and I like that it comes in many colors giving a nice tint while still being incredibly soft and smooth on the lips.
7. Audien ft. Ruby Prophet – Circles (Original Mix). Discovered this song recently and been in love ever since, the beat and melody are so uplifting, perfect for my early morning walks!
Avicii – The Nights. I like the melody and the message of this song plus anything having a reference to dad and son lately resonates with me a lot as I think about my baby and his loving dad. Another one I like is Don’t You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin.
Tritonal ft. Cash Cash – Untouchable. Really fun song that just makes me want to jump, run, laugh and have a good time haha
8. Puracy Natural Body WashEdit. I just discovered this brand and so far I’ve been very pleased with it. Cleans very good, smells nice and has all the possible natural claims out there: All natural, non-toxic, vegan, biodegradable and many more. Never tested on animals.
9. Selfie Stick. I know a lot of people make fun of selfie sticks but it’s actually awesome! It is perfect for us – a family of 3 who loves to take photos but mostly hangs out alone – super easy to frame and make sure everyone is in the frame and there’s even some context/background to the picture.